Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kramer's Odd Behaviour

How weird he has been. I guess it started at 4.30 am yesterday morning. I am home alone as my husband is in hospital. Kramer needed to "go" - outside. He sat by my bed and "spoke" to me in his doggy voice.

It was pouring with rain so there we were on the back lawn as he relieved himself. I tried to go back to bed and sleep afterwards, but there was quite a lot of traffic noise and eventually I got up.

During the day Kramer was more active than he has been of recent times. When the granddaughter visited, he was rather horny and did what a log of dogs do - we call it "humping" and the little girl was put on the lounge - out of his reach.

Later in the day I had a visitor, after I had returned from the hospital. Kramer was extremely restless. We'd had quite a few walks around the back yard, and he seemed to be looking for something. Looking for my husband perhaps? But he has been away from home on and off for the last two weeks and Kramer has not behaved like this.

When my friend was here, he was so restless and disruptive. Often "talking" loudly and interrupting any conversation. I took him outside, and I gave him extra food. Nothing seemed to settle him.

When my friend left, he continued. As he had previously had a stroke, I was wondering if he was in pain or something, but there was no sign of pain. He seemed "happy".

Later he dug a hole into newspapers. Really odd.

Eventually he did settle.

He's still a bit odd today. I don't know what is going on.............

1 comment:

Malcolm R. Campbell said...

When our cats act weird for short periods of time, it seems normal.

But when it goes on and on, I wonder. Hopefully, things will return to normal soon with Kramer.

Malcolm (AKA Trick Falls)